Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Summer days. Day 1000. retitle 50/1001.


Yesterday evening was wonderful! M, L and myself hit up the olive garden for some delicious italian cuisine. I got the lasagna classico, and tiramisu for dessert with a side of coffee. MMM! What a delicacy! I love Italian cuisine! That was #24 btw :)




#8 is read a book/month. Last month I read Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. It was amazing! I highly reccomend it. The writing flowed, kept the reader captivated by the wash of emotions of the main character, and ended with a satisfying end.


At the moment for the month of may, I have recently begun Jude the Obscure by Thomas Hardy. It seems to be a good book so far, though I hear it is a very sad book. Jude has already made one "folley" in his life by falling for Arabella and wasting a good year and a half on someone who is not well matched for himself. It is good though, because for now he is back on track!




Here is the next 25 goals to bring the number of goals to 50:




#26: Donate something to a charitable organization at least every 6 months.




#27: Tithe regularly (once I start my job)




#28: If I don't get into grad school for micro or immuno and instead go on to education, take courses for second bachelors degree in Chem


#29: Join Key Club.


#30: Join Pre-Med Club.


#31: get real estate license.


#32: Do Research with a professor in upcoming school year (hopefully aimed toward micro/immuno.


#33: Get 3 reccomendations.


#34: Take Calc II and III


#35: Take Physics I and II with Calc


#36: Once I have a gym membership, swim at least once a week.


#37: Play in LU symphony orchestra


#38: (I'm probably repeating myself, but if for nothing else, reiteration) Study for GRE and Bio GRE.


#39: Take GRE and Bio GRE.


#40: Turn in application for employment with the University to HR.


#41: Get CPR/AED certified.


#42: Find a low hour job at school for during the school year.


#43: Master that one concerto that I forget the name of at the moment, by Bach. (concerto in D major?)


#44: Visit D.C. (Business District with Smithsonian Institutes)


#45: Maintain a positive state of mind.


#46: Take vitamins regularly.


#47: No fast food except on emergencies (on the road with other people and no other food options)


#48: Have devo at least 5 times a week.


#49: Memorize a memory verse per week.


#50: Pay off Parent plus loan, pay off citi loan.


Oh my word. This goal setting thing is hard! [that is, to create so many goals! I've probably already repeated myself in some capacity or another] Hence I am going to readjust this and call it 50/1001.


Today is just gorgious out there! I hear it is suppose to be dramatically warmer today and begin to feel a bit more like summer than the past couple of days. I just tried my french press for the first time and it is wonderful! My coffee tastes so clean and delicious! Today is going to be a busy day of organizing, finishing my lifegoal plan as outlined by the site i cited yesterday, and studying ( i switched my schedule around so now I have Organic Chem I w/lab, Micro w/lab, Comparative Vertebrate Anatomy w/ lab, Intro to probability and statistics, and Paleontology which totals 18 credits. The more head start on learning all of the material the better! Also I heard Comp. Anat is really hard, so I need to hit the books!
That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment