Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

101/1001 Day Zero Project

I just stumbled across one of the neatest ideas ever: Make 101 goals to accomplish in 1001 days and record major feats and progress via blog! I think I'm going to give it a try. As Yoda always said "Do or do not, there is no try." So I guess a better term for my goal of the "Day Zero Project" would be "I am going to do this!"
I first must formulate my goals, which may take a couple days, but I can start now.

Goal #1: Graduate undergrad.

#2: Make deans list.

#3: Clean the house top to bottom.

#4: Get our yard in proper order (weeded, edged, mulched, etc.)

#5: Run a Half Marathon.

#6: Run a Marathon.

#7: Build up a base savings of 1K.

#8: Read a book a month.

#9: Get my BMI to an adequate distribution of muscle:fat

#10: Practice violin at least 2 hours every week.

#11: Follow up with thank you, birthday, special occasion cards on time.

#12: Read through the Bible by 12/31/2010 and again by 12/31/2011

#13: Get accepted into teachers certificate program and masters program after undergrad

#14: Study and do awesome on my GRE and Biology GRE

#15: Grow out my hair

#16: Stop procrastinating (including doing something that needs done but using it to procrastinate something else)

#17: Volunteer 100+ hours in my community.

#18: Become a better time manager.

#19: Over summers study for at least one hour/day (this summer study organic chem and physics)

#20: Read the chapters for my classes before the classes.

#21: study at least 1hr/class every day during school semesters.

#22: Set up potential lessons for information sessions about bio and/or future potential curricula and activities for future lessons when I eventually teach

#23: Become more organized.

#24: Spend time with at least 5 friends every week.

#25: Stop eating ice cream (I'm part lactose intolerant i think, and it's bad for me)

I think that's good for now! This is a lot harder than I thought it would be. This gives me an idea to set up lifetime goals, but not today. I have to get started on working my A list at the moment. Maybe tomorrow will be the day I begin to formulate. I found this awesome site I want to check out though that I highly reccomend:
http://www.mindtools.com/page6.html
It talks about how to set up goals and life goals and how to break down life goals to the every day!

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment