Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Schools out for the summer!


So it has been just over a week since I finished my last final, and the relaxing days of summer are here for a moment. I am soaking in as much of it as I can, despite the chilly, grey weather. I have a huge to-do list which has all but gotten lost and nothing listed has been breached, for now. That is all about to change as soon as I finish this post! I am still in the process of unpacking all of my stuff, and still have more in my car, unfortunately. I have no idea where it will all go, but maybe this would be a good opportunity to sort through it and give some away.


Our lilac bush outside smelled delightful for weeks but its flowers are now faded. My sage plant/bush is flourishing beautifully with its purple flowers at the moment, and the rose bush surprisingly put out a few flowers too! Everything outside is alive, and fresh!


I need to go for a run. At the moment I'm training for a really tough 10k coming up fathers day weekend. It's in the mountains and is 4 miles uphill and about 2 downhill. The first four are killers, and the last two are killers of the shins because it's hard to break the impact of the momentum you gain running downhill for two miles straight! Despite all of that I'm excited. It will be good to get back in shape. I haven't had the chance to get to the gym for over a week now because I'm out of school. Hopefully my job will start soon so I can get a gym membership at golds asap! I want to give plasma too, but at the moment I'm on the deferral list because my hematocrit level was consistently too low. I'm hitting up the docs later to get it all checked out.


I think later on I'll study some Organic Chem to get ahead of the eight-ball (so to speak). I purchased the "organich chem I for dummies" book and workbook, so hopefully that will give me a little head start of the course so I'm not so bogged down with 18 credits and possibly one of the hardest/need for hard work classes of my undergrad.


That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment