Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Moral Compass.

Today was "one of those days".
I awoke with surprising clarity and alertness at the early hour of six thirty and later brewed up some cafe estima and french roast blend of starbucks and sipped that on the back screened in porch as the morning mist settled around me and the birds went about their business chirping cheerfully despite the morning dull gloom. Yet it wasn't really all that gloomy..more serene and peaceful.
Later I worked with some kids..nice enough, but I'll never be really close with any of them and today I have come to a conclusion as to why; our moral compasses point different directions. They have all "initiated"..aka they have "stolen" by eating company food on company property and company time, and I have deemed such an action highly inappropriate and idiotic at best. A part of me would love to be able to relate to them, but the greater part of me steps back and realizes that it is far better to be different and to take a stand for what is right. To lower my standard for some ill-gotten gain of temporarily slight increased social status would not be worth it and would not be true to myself. Also Galations 2:20 "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The live I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God ..." aka I have a different standard to live by...Christ is my Lord and Savior and the Holy Spirit is working in my life sanctifying me molding me to Christ's Holiness.

It is better to stand alone for what is right than to defy your natural inclination for what you know to be wrong in order to appease the populous.

-peace

No comments:

Post a Comment