Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

Lost.

The past couple weeks have been something of a lesson. A couple of mondays ago my iphone 3GS was stolen and then that friday someone rearended my car when i was at a stop sign. Now the trunk flies open when i hit a hard bump or am driving on the highway.

I think that the lesson is to not rely on myself and to realize to realize that I am not the one in control; God is. When we rely on ourselves, we become prideful and self-righteous and indignant when things don't go our way. This attitude creeps up on me at various times and this was an expensive self-check up.

It is another lesson in complaining. I can either choose to accept what has happened and move onward to the next step in fixing the situation, or I can choose to mope, complain and sit in the misery and despair of the situation. This has been a daily decision I have had to make recently, and I have not always chosen correctly but day by day I am learning to keep my focus on He who does not change and is always constant.

Oh, and I believe my ipod shuffle has been lost now as well. I think I would lose my head if it wasn't attached haha :D

~peace

No comments:

Post a Comment