Pages

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Beyond Expectations.

Heart pounding. Mouth Dry. Hands shaking. Dread building.
Of all semesters, I had never been less confident in the potential outcome of my grade. Chemistry hadn't transferred, so if I didn't pass, then I wouldn't progress. This I believed not to be a problem until Dr. R took me aside for what I thought to be a congratulatory talk, but what ended up being a "is this REALLY what you got for your overall lab grade?" kind of talk. Needless to say I have surpassed all apathy and laziness I have ever witnessed in others and accomplished that which I despised for myself. Some chem lab assignments, and bio lab assignments for that matter, I was "too tired" and simply decided not to do them. How silly, right? So chem lab, and eco/evo lab (and eco/evo lecture..first two tests were a bust), were 'epic fail'.
Back to the present.
My computer finally opened up to the home screen and I opened up the screen to my final grades...
Shock. Joy. Amazement.
I managed to squeak out an A- for Chem and Calc, and a B for Eco/Evo! I still do not know how, but gladly accept it.

-peace

No comments:

Post a Comment