Pages

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Initiative.

I was just reading "My Utmost For His Highest" and Chambers spoke on initiative. I need to take more initiative in my life and stop being paralyzed by the fear of the realization of my hopes, dreams, and goals. It is as though I'm afraid that if I give my best, I will me utter failure and ruin. This however is a risk I must take in whatever I do.
I need to take initiative and stop the daydreaming and procrastination.

Interestingly enough Oswald also included a strange bit at the end of his devotional for the 20th of February:
"If you are in love with someone, you don't sit and daydream about that person all the time-- you go and do something for him. That is what Jesus Christ expects us to do. Daydreaming after God has spoken is an indication that we do not trust Him."

Though this is example is meant simply to parallel non-initiative after our Lord has spoken, I need to keep the former in mind as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment